Friday, September 7, 2007

First Day of School

There are 5 primary schools at Nduta. These photos were taken at Urafiki School, one of the two schools I saw on the opening day of the school year. This school was orderly, meaning that the vast majority of students were in a class being instructed by a teacher. The second school I saw was very chaotic! My estimate is that less than 10% of the students were in classes. They just ran around the school yard and swarmed whatever was of interest to them. (When I was there with my camera, I was the main point of interest...)

The photo above is of a standard 6 class, which is roughly equivelent to 7th or 8th grade in the U.S.
A student writing on the chalk board.
A standard 3 class. Though you may not be able to tell it from this photo, each classroom has a wide age range of students.
The same class waving good-bye to me as I left the room. Aren't they adoreable?!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: